11 Nov Telstra AFL Digital Hub: Social Media Video and Photo Technology
Innovative Marketing Technology leads the 2015 Toyota AFL Grand Final Live Site
Thousands of fans visited the 2015 Toyota AFL Grand Final Live Site in the grounds of the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
Amongst the entertainment, Telstra and the AFL offered a Digital Hub featuring the latest interactive marketing technology to engage fans and help instantly create content for fans to amplify via their social networks.
- New technology combining video, radar and customised software allowed fans to record videos measuring their kicking distance. The video could be instantly played back and shared via Social Media and Email.
- Innovative Social Media Photo Booth technology from Blink Republic enabled fans to instantly share branded photos amongst their networks with the AFL Premiership Cup, Medals and even their favourite players.
Watch the video here https://vimeo.com/145340790
Thousands of fans participated generating a huge Social buzz around the #AFLGF with the branded content increasing engagement and awareness amongst fans at the live site and on-line
Social Video Booth technology
Increasing engagement and generating branded video content, fans were able to participate in the Telstra AFL ‘Super Boot’ – a new experiential technology to create and share branded video content;
- Fans participated by kicking an AFL football which was captured as a short video
- The distance of each Fan kick was automatically measured and recorded as they kicked
- Within seconds branded videos were created with Tesltra and AFL branding showing each participants kick and their distance
- Fans could then play back their video and share it with friends on Facebook or via email from touch screens in the hub
- All the video posts included Telstra and AFL hashtags promoting the 2015 Toyota AFL Grand Final and Live Site
Social Media Photo Booth
Blink Republic’s Social Media Photo Booth technology captured and instantly shared branded photo content from the Telstra AFL Digital Hub amplifying the 2015 Toyota AFL Grand Final Live on Social Media and giving fans a memorable experience.
The Social Photo Booth helped fans;
- Capture their 2015 Toyota AFL Grand Final moment with the Premiership Cup, Medals and Players
- Receive a photo print to take away from the 2015 Toyota AFL Grand Final Live Site Instantly share their photo (branded content) on Social Media, mobile or email
- The best Photos were also displayed on big screens in the hub adding to the fan experience
With thousands of fans visiting the 2015 Toyota AFL Grand Final Live Site and participating in the Telstra AFL Super Boot and Social Media Booth hundreds of pieces of branded content were created and instantly shared promoting the #TelstraAFLDigitalHub and #AFLGF.
The participation and interaction in the Tesltra AFL Digital Hub created an engaging and innovative experience for Fans at the 2015 Toyota AFL Grand Final Live Site and the user generated content ensured the experience of the 2015 Toyota AFL Grand Final Live Site was shared amongst family and friends on-line.
Find out more about interactive marketing activations now.